7 Days of Giveaways
SmartPlant's 7 Days of Giveaways
1. SmartPlant's 7 Days of Christmas (the "Giveaway") is Administered by Garden Compass Ltd. (the "Administrator") and Prizes are supplied by:
(a) West Inn & Suites
(b) May Lindstrom Skin
(c) Rachel Keppeler Designs
(d) Garden Compass Ltd.
(e) Botanical Alchemy
(collectively, the "Prize Suppliers")
2. SmartPlant’s 7 Days of Christmas Giveaway will run from December 10, 2018 at 12:01am PST to December 16, 2018 at 11:59pm PST. (the "Giveaway Closing Date")
3. To enter the Giveaway:
(a) You must be a natural person (no robots!) and a legal resident of the United States.
(b) You must have reached the age of majority in your province, territory, or state of residence.
4. You may enter the Giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget and following the prompts for one or more of the following options. The more you follow, the more entries you get (up to 8 additional entries allowed). Following every page is not required.
(a) Following SmartPlantApp on Instagram (@smartplantapp), Twitter (@smartplantapp), Pinterest (@smartplantapp)
(b) Visiting SmartPlant USA on Facebook (@smartplantusa)
(c) Following West Inn & Suites on Instagram (@westcarlsbad), Twitter (@westcarlsbad), Pinterest (@westcarlsbad)
(d) Visiting West Inn & Suites on Facebook (@westinnandsuites)
(e) Following May Lindstrom Skin on Instagram (@maylindstromskin), Pinterest (@maylindstrom), Twitter (@maylindstrom)
(f) Visiting May Lindstrom Skin on Facebook (@maylindstromskin
(g) Following People with Plants on Instagram (@PeopleWithPlants_official)
(h) Following Rachel Keppeler Designs on instagram (@rachelkeppelerdesigns), Pinterest (@rachelkeppelerdesigns)
(i) Visiting Rachel Keppeler Designs on Facebook (@rachelkeppelerdesigns)
(j) Joining the SmartPlant Book Club (https://www.smartplantapp.com/book-club)
(k) Joining the SmartPlant Book Club Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1980107998908491/)
(l) Following Plantz on Instagram (@4plantz), Pinterest (@4plantz), Twitter (@4plantz)
(m) Visiting Plantz on Facebook (@4plantz)
(n) Following Botanical Alchemy on Instagram (@botanicalalchemyflowers)
(o) Visiting Botanical Alchemy on Facebook (@botanicalalchemy)
(p) Following doTerra on Instagram (@doterra),on Pinterest (@doterra), on Twitter (@doterra)
(q) Visiting doTerra on Facebook (@doterra)
5. No purchase necessary to enter or win. See the Official Rules of the Giveaway for details.
6. The total number of prizes in the Giveaway is 7 with a total Approximate Retail Value of $2406 USD. The following prizes are available:
(1) 2 Night Stay at the West Inn & Suites Carlsbad- $500USD
(2) May Lindstrom Skincare Products- $480USD
(3) 2 Necklaces & a Pair of Earrings from Rachel Keppeler Designs- $176USD
(4) Fiddle Leaf Fig Plant from Plantz- up to $169USD
(5) Book Stack - $260USD
(6) doTerra Lumo Aroma Diffuser & Family Essentials Kit- $261USD
(7) Botanical Alchemy Aura Spray / Flower Essences- $380USD
(Collectively the "Prize Suppliers")
7. a. All winners will be chosen at random using Rafflecopter.com on Monday, December 17, 2018 and the winners will be notified by email.
b. Winners will have 48 hours to respond with their date of birth, a valid mailing address and phone number. If no response is received within 48 hours, the Administrator reserves the right to select another winner.
c. The Administrator is not responsible for prize fulfillment nor for any technical failures.
d. Once a response is received from a Winner and the information provided by the Winner is verified by the Administrator, the Prize will be mailed out to the mailing address provide by the Winner within 30 days. If a Winner has not provided the required information or does not meet the eligibility requirements for the Giveaway, the Winner will be disqualified and considered to forfeit the Prize. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
e. The Administrator and Prize Suppliers reserve the right to publish the Winner's names as they appear in Rafflecopter.
8. Prizes are non-transferrable and are not redeemable for cash or credit.
9. Any fees and taxes associated with receipt or use of a prize will be the responsibility of the winner of that prize.
10. We reserve the right to cancel or suspend the Giveaway or to modify it in any way we see fit, at our sole discretion.
12. By entering this Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
13. Important: By entering this Giveaway, you agree to waive certain legal rights. It is important that you read and understand the Official Rules of the Giveaway completely.
14. This Giveaway is administered by SmartPlant. (the “Administrator”). Prizes will be fulfilled by the Administrator or their designated Prize Supplier.
15. To enter the giveaway without using social media channels you may send the following to the Administrator at SmartPlant, 1660 Union St. 4th floor, San Diego, CA 92101:
--Your complete name
--Your home address
--Your telephone number
--Your email address
--Your date of birth
--A 50-word essay about the "How Plants are Part of Christmas"
All entries must be legibly handwritten on a white 8.5" x 11" piece of paper in a handwritten envelope with entrant's return address
on the outside of the envelope sent by First Class postage prepaid US Mail.
16. All mailed entries must be received by the Administrator no later than the Giveaway closing date in order to be eligible for entry into the Giveaway. Mailed entries must be legibly handwritten. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due, entries sent in excess of entry limits will not be accepted. Mailed entries that arrive without a legible residential return address, will be deemed incomplete and therefore invalid. There is a limit of one entry per person for the Alternative Method of Entry. If you enter via the Alternative Method of Entry, you may not enter using Social Media Channels.
17. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received by the Giveaway Closing Date.
Release and Limitation of Liability
18. By participating or attempting to participate in the Giveaway, each of the entrants agrees that the Administrator, the Prize Suppliers and their respective employees, Officers, Directors, Representatives and other agents )the "Released Parties") are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any of the Prizes or from any of the Winner's participation in the Giveaway.
19. In Addition, the Released Parties are not responsible for:
a. Incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway;
b. Technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or internet networks, hardware or software;
c. Unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway;
d. Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries;
e. Late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or
f. Any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to any entrant's computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the entrant's participation in the Giveaway, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or from downloading any material from the Administrator's or a Prize Supplier's website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Administrator, the Prize Suppliers or a third party and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Administrator's or Prize Supplier's website(s) by a hypertext link.
Social Media Channels
21. No Association. This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter. Any comments or questions regarding the Giveaway should be directed to the Administrator.
22. Release. By participating in the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless each of the Social Media Channels and their respective affiliated and related companies, and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Giveaway or any Prizes won.
General Terms and Conditions
23. Compliance with Applicable Laws. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws. By entering the
Giveaway, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules. This Giveaway is subject
to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The
decisions of the Administrator with respect to all aspects of this Giveaway are final and binding on all
entrants without right of appeal.
24. Violation of Official Rules. The Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual from the Giveaway and to ban the individual from any future giveaway organized by the Administrator that it finds or believes to be:
(a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway in any way; or
(b) acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
25. Invalid Entries. If it is discovered that attempts were made by an entrant (or any individual purporting to be an entrant) to:
(a) obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods;
(b) use any automated, script, macro, or robotic program(s) to enter;
(c) enter on behalf of any other person; or
(d) provide false or misleading information,
then the entrant will be disqualified from the Giveaway, in the sole discretion of the Administrator.
26. No Warranty. You agree that the Giveaway and any prizes awarded are provide “AS IS” and neither the Administrator, Prize Suppliers, nor Rafflecopter makes any warranty, representation, or guarantee regarding the Giveaway or the prize(s), including, but not limited to, their quality, condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Administrator makes no warranty that (i) the Social Media Channel interface and any content, features, or functionality offered thereon will meet any requirement or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or (ii) there will be no errors in the Social Media Channel interfaces or any content, feature, or functionality offered thereon. Administrator shall not be responsible for any damage caused to your computer, mobile device, or data, or for any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or other destructive code resulting from use of the Social Media Channel interfaces or any content obtained from the Social Media Channel services.
27. Damage to Website. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage the Administrator or a Prize Supplier’s website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, the Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
28. No Substitutions. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitution of Prizes is permitted except by a Prize Supplier in its sole discretion. Prize Suppliers reserve the right to substitute any Prize with another Prize of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Prizes are non- transferrable and are not redeemable for cash or credit, in whole or in part.
29. Modification or Cancellation of Giveaway. If the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond the Administrator’s reasonable control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without advance notice, to cancel or suspend the Giveaway, in whole or in part, or to modify it in any way it sees fit. In such event, the Administrator reserves the right to award the Prizes through a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment.
31. Use of Information. By entering, you consent to the Administrator’s use, should you become a Winner, of your name, location of residence, social media name, or other aspects of your likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising, or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with the products, this Giveaway, or future similar giveaways.
32. Deemed Entrant. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the respective Social Media Channel used at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Giveaway will be the Giveaway server machine(s).
33. Verification. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Administrator including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): For the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Giveaway;
For the purposes of verifying the eligibility or legitimacy of any entry (or purportedly entered) for the
purposes of this Giveaway; or For any other reason the Administrator deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Giveaway in accordance with these Official Rules.
Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Administrator in a timely manner may result in
disqualification of the entrant in the sole discretion of the Administrator.
34. Jurisdiction. The laws of the United States of America applicable therein govern the Giveaway and the terms of these Official Rules and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and us. By entering the Giveaway, you agree that any claim, whether at law or equity, arising out of or related to the this Giveaway, regardless of the date of accrual of such dispute, will be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California and the United States of America. No class actions or consolidated proceedings may be used to resolve any claim or dispute related to this Giveaway. All actions to resolve any claim or dispute must be resolved on an individual basis. To the extent permitted by law, the court shall not have the power or authority to award consequential, incidental, or punitive damages against the Administrator or Prize Suppliers.
35. Interpretation. The headings appearing in these Official Rules are inserted for convenience of reference only and will not affect the interpretation of the terms of the Official Rules. Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and words importing a male person include a female person.
36. If you have any questions or concerns about the rules of the Giveaway, please contact us in writing at or 1660 Union St. 4th floor, San Diego, CA 92101.